Antenna positions in tabular form for simobserve?

elnjensen

Antenna positions in tabular form for simobserve?

Postby elnjensen » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:16 am

I'm modeling some ALMA Cycle 0 data, and so I'm trying to take the output from a disk modeling code and read it into CASA for comparison with my data. I'm running it through simobserve, which requires the user to specify the antenna positions. I can use the pre-defined sets of positions (http://casaguides.nrao.edu/index.php?ti ... ls_in_CASA), but ideally I would like to be able to use exactly the same set of antenna positions that was used to take my science data. I can plot the positions graphically using plotants(), and I list their lat/long by using listobs , but I haven't figured out a way to get the 3D positions into a form that would allow them to be input into simobserve. Is this possible?

More generally, it would be a nice feature addition to simobserve to allow specification of an existing dataset as one of the inputs, and to use the conditions of that dataset (antenna positions, hour angle, integration time, etc.). It seems like a common use case for simobserve for users to want to 'observe' a model with the same configuration used to take the data.

Thanks!

Eric

Tags:

elnjensen

Re: Antenna positions in tabular form for simobserve?

Postby elnjensen » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:22 am

Looks like this reply isn't related to this thread - maybe start a new thread if you'd like other people to see it?

Return to “CASA”