Interference Protection Group
The Green Bank Interference Protection Group is responsible for minimizing radio frequency interference to astronomical observations from equipment and activities at the Observatory, in the West Virginia Radio Astronomy Zone (WVRAZ), and in the National Radio Quiet Zone (NRQZ).
On-site RFI Mitigation
- RFI Policy - What Every Green Bank Employee Needs to Know (Powerpoint Presentation)
- Can the GBT really see the noise from my digital camera?
- RFI Mitigation in the 10 mile radius.
Power Line RFI
- AM Radio Powerline RFI audio
- CB Radio Powerline RFI audio
- M330 Powerline RFI locator audio
- AR8000 Receiver Powerline RFI audio
Cable TV RFI
Wireless Intentional Radiators
- IEEE 802.11a 5 GHz wireless bands:
- 5150-5250 MHz (USA lower band)
- 5250-5350 MHz (USA middle band)
- 5725-5825 MHz (USA upper band)
- More info
- RFI Scans, Summaries, and Known Sources
- Realtime Display of the 43m Spectral Band Pass, 800 - 1600 MHz
- Frequency Allocations
- DTV Channels in WV
- Geostationary Satellite Look Angles from the GBT